WASHINGTON (AP) — Former reality TV star Donald Trump tweeted Tuesday that the problem with the Oscars is “we don’t have Stars anymore” — except for him. Just kidding, the president hastened to add.
Viewership of Sunday’s Academy Awards broadcast plunged to a record-low viewership of 26.5 million people.
According to the Nielsen company, that’s a 20 percent drop from the 33 million people who watched last year’s show.
Trump tweeted Tuesday: “Lowest rated Oscars in HISTORY. Problem is, we don’t have Stars anymore – except your President (just kidding, of course)!”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says
Sunday’s broadcast included a few barbs that host Jimmy Kimmel directed at the White House.