WASHINGTON (AP) — Former reality TV star Donald Trump tweeted Tuesday that the problem with the Oscars is “we don’t have Stars anymore” — except for him. Just kidding, the president hastened to add.
Viewership of Sunday’s Academy Awards broadcast plunged to a record-low viewership of 26.5 million people.
According to the Nielsen company, that’s a 20 percent drop from the 33 million people who watched last year’s show.
Trump tweeted Tuesday: “Lowest rated Oscars in HISTORY. Problem is, we don’t have Stars anymore – except your President (just kidding, of course)!”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sea lions feast on fragile fish in US Northwest survival war VIEW
- With police near, suspected Austin bomber blows himself up VIEW
- Austin bombing suspect had list of future targets
- Neighbors baffled after naming of 24-year-old suspect
- Austin bombing suspect's uncle says he was smart, kind VIEW
Sunday’s broadcast included a few barbs that host Jimmy Kimmel directed at the White House.