WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump has attended a dinner in Virginia at the home of a real estate developer who hosted a fundraiser for him in 2016.
The Tuesday night event was organized by the super PAC America First Action and hosted by Giuseppe Cecchi and his wife, Mercedes. Giuseppe Cecchi developed the Watergate complex and founded International Developers Inc.
The super PAC’s president, Brian O. Walsh, and White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters say the event was not a fundraiser.
Walsh says the group was “extremely honored” to be hosting Trump as their “special guest, along with supporters and friends” of the organization.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
Trump ran his campaign promising to “drain the swamp” of Washington influence, and he frequently railed against super PACs.
The dinner was Trump’s second with members of the group this month.