WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump has attended a dinner in Virginia at the home of a real estate developer who hosted a fundraiser for him in 2016.
The Tuesday night event was organized by the super PAC America First Action and hosted by Giuseppe Cecchi and his wife, Mercedes. Giuseppe Cecchi developed the Watergate complex and founded International Developers Inc.
The super PAC’s president, Brian O. Walsh, and White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters say the event was not a fundraiser.
Walsh says the group was “extremely honored” to be hosting Trump as their “special guest, along with supporters and friends” of the organization.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Trump ran his campaign promising to “drain the swamp” of Washington influence, and he frequently railed against super PACs.
The dinner was Trump’s second with members of the group this month.