WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump has attended a dinner in Virginia at the home of a real estate developer who hosted a fundraiser for him in 2016.
The Tuesday night event was organized by the super PAC America First Action and hosted by Giuseppe Cecchi and his wife, Mercedes. Giuseppe Cecchi developed the Watergate complex and founded International Developers Inc.
The super PAC’s president, Brian O. Walsh, and White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters say the event was not a fundraiser.
Walsh says the group was “extremely honored” to be hosting Trump as their “special guest, along with supporters and friends” of the organization.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
Trump ran his campaign promising to “drain the swamp” of Washington influence, and he frequently railed against super PACs.
The dinner was Trump’s second with members of the group this month.