MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Wisconsin Supreme Court candidate Tim Burns promises in his first television ad of the campaign that if elected he will take on Republican Gov. Scott Walker.
Burns is a liberal attorney from Madison running in the officially nonpartisan race. Sauk County Circuit Judge Michael Screnock is backed by conservatives while Milwaukee County Circuit Judge Rebecca Dallet is trying to cast herself as a moderate while competing with Burns for liberal voters.
Burns said Tuesday the ad will run in Madison and Milwaukee. The narrator says that Burns will fight Walker’s “extreme agenda,” and a “rigged economy favoring wealthy, big corporations.” The ad also says Burns will take on polluters and insurance companies.
The field will be narrowed to two candidates following the Feb. 20 primary.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Julian Assange has been charged, prosecutors reveal inadvertently in court filing