MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Wisconsin Supreme Court candidate Tim Burns promises in his first television ad of the campaign that if elected he will take on Republican Gov. Scott Walker.
Burns is a liberal attorney from Madison running in the officially nonpartisan race. Sauk County Circuit Judge Michael Screnock is backed by conservatives while Milwaukee County Circuit Judge Rebecca Dallet is trying to cast herself as a moderate while competing with Burns for liberal voters.
Burns said Tuesday the ad will run in Madison and Milwaukee. The narrator says that Burns will fight Walker’s “extreme agenda,” and a “rigged economy favoring wealthy, big corporations.” The ad also says Burns will take on polluters and insurance companies.
The field will be narrowed to two candidates following the Feb. 20 primary.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Documents used to wiretap Trump ex-adviser Carter Page disclosed
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH