BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — Democratic Sen. Heidi Heitkamp continues to hold a big fundraising edge over Rep. Kevin Cramer, her Republican challenger.
Federal reports required ahead of Tuesday’s primary show Heitkamp raised nearly $796,000 from April 1 through May 23. That brings her total to date to $10.1 million, with $5.2 million in the bank.
Cramer raised more than $562,000 during the reporting period. Filings show his total to date is $2.4 million, with $1.9 million cash on hand.
The North Dakota race is seen as critical for control of the closely divided Senate.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New round of US-China tariffs raise fears of an economic Cold War
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Kavanaugh's accuser wants FBI probe before she testifies WATCH
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH