BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — Democratic Sen. Heidi Heitkamp continues to hold a big fundraising edge over Rep. Kevin Cramer, her Republican challenger.
Federal reports required ahead of Tuesday’s primary show Heitkamp raised nearly $796,000 from April 1 through May 23. That brings her total to date to $10.1 million, with $5.2 million in the bank.
Cramer raised more than $562,000 during the reporting period. Filings show his total to date is $2.4 million, with $1.9 million cash on hand.
The North Dakota race is seen as critical for control of the closely divided Senate.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- Couple killed in crash driving to their wedding