BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — Democratic Sen. Heidi Heitkamp continues to hold a big fundraising edge over Rep. Kevin Cramer, her Republican challenger.
Federal reports required ahead of Tuesday’s primary show Heitkamp raised nearly $796,000 from April 1 through May 23. That brings her total to date to $10.1 million, with $5.2 million in the bank.
Cramer raised more than $562,000 during the reporting period. Filings show his total to date is $2.4 million, with $1.9 million cash on hand.
The North Dakota race is seen as critical for control of the closely divided Senate.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- High-tech degrees and the price of an avocado: The data New York gave to Amazon
- Hungry bear goes for ride after getting stuck on trash truck
- Woman finds tiger in house, tells dispatch: 'I'm not lying' WATCH