ST. LOUIS (AP) — Vice President Mike Pence will help raise money for Missouri Republican Senate candidate Josh Hawley and other GOP Senate candidates in Indianapolis next week.
Friday’s announcement that Pence would attend the fundraiser comes after the vice president recently canceled a fundraiser for Hawley in Missouri.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports Pence’s office cited a scheduling conflict for cancelling the May 9 event in Missouri. Democrats contended that Pence, who had campaigned for Gov. Eric Greitens in 2016, didn’t want to be in Missouri as Greitens faced trial for invasion of privacy and discussions in the legislature about possible impeachment.
The fundraiser in Indianapolis will also benefit GOP Senate candidate Mike Braun of Indiana and the National Republican Senatorial Committee. Ohio Republican challenger Jim Renacci may also be involved.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor
- New round of US-China tariffs raise fears of an economic Cold War
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Kavanaugh's accuser wants FBI probe before she testifies WATCH
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com