WASHINGTON (AP) — A former White House staffer is claiming in a new book that President Donald Trump has exhibited a “mental decline that could not be denied.”
An excerpt from Omarosa Manigault-Newman’s new book was published Thursday by DailyMail.com.
The former reality television star, who appeared on Trump’s “The Apprentice” and later served as an assistant to the president, says she was disturbed by a famous interview Trump gave to Lester Holt.
She writes that, while watching the interview on television, she “realized that something real and serious was going on in Donald’s brain” and that his “mental decline could not be denied.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- High-tech degrees and the price of an avocado: The data New York gave to Amazon
- Bombshell book alleges a Vatican gay subculture, hypocrisy
She says, “I kept thinking, ‘Oh no! Oh no! This is bad!”
The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.