NEW YORK (AP) — U.S. Rep. Steve Scalise, the Louisiana Republican who was shot and nearly killed during a congressional baseball practice last year, apparently has a memoir coming this fall.
The 304-page book is called “Back in the Game,” according to listings on Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble.com and the website for the publisher, Center Street. The release date is Nov. 13.
“Back in the Game” is billed as a “tight, inspirational narrative” about the June 2017 shooting, those who helped save the congressman’s life and his religious faith.
Scalise was wounded after a gunman fired on Republican lawmakers practicing in Alexandria, Virginia. He recently returned to the field as Republicans prepare for their annual charity game against House Democrats, scheduled for Thursday night.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- This major discovery upends long-held theories about the Maya civilization
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.6B, thanks to worsening odds
“Representative Scalise believes that his faith, the grace of God and the power of prayer had a great deal to do with his recovery, and he will share stories and experiences that illustrate the many miracles that occurred to keep him alive,” reads the Center Street listing.
It says Scalise will tell of the “minute-by-minute fight for his life and his long recovery.”
Neither Scalise nor Center Street, an imprint of Hachette Book Group, responded immediately Monday to requests for comment.
The 52-year-old Scalise is the House Majority Whip and has been mentioned as a possible successor to House Speaker Paul Ryan, who is not seeking re-election. His book will come out the week after Election Day, possibly around the time Republicans vote for their next House leader.