WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — Hundreds of Wichita residents have received bills that mistakenly doubled what they owed for water and sewer services.
KWCH-TV reports that the city has confirmed that about 1,400 residents received the bills with the erroneous charges. The incorrect bills were sent out at the beginning of the week.
The city attributed the problem to an error by a third-party printer handling its bills. The city said it is investigating the overcharges so that it can prevent them from happening again.
The city also said it would send apology letters with corrected bills to affected residents on Monday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.