BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — Sen. Heidi Heitkamp is kicking off her re-election ad campaign with a cheery 60-second spot that features five of her siblings praising and poking fun at her.
The television and online ad began airing Wednesday statewide. In the ad, her siblings recall the Democratic lawmaker’s laid-back approach to doing laundry as part of her chores growing up.
Heitkamp’s campaign didn’t give specifics on the ad buy, but said it was in the six figures for broadcast and five figures for online.
Her campaign says the ad first appeared online during Heitkamp’s 2012 campaign but has been updated to reflect she’s running as an incumbent.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas
Heitkamp faces a tough re-election fight from GOP Rep. Kevin Cramer in a race critical for control of the Senate. Cramer’s ad campaign has not begun.