MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Wisconsin Democrats may have high hopes for making gains in the Legislature in this fall’s elections but the money is saying something else.
Government watchdog group Wisconsin Democracy Campaign released a tally Tuesday that showed the two Republican legislative campaign committees easily outraised their Democratic counterparts in 2017.
According to the tally, the Committee to Elect a Republican Senate raised $965,676. The State Senate Democratic Committee raised $461,528.
The Republican Assembly Campaign Committee raised $938,919. The Assembly Democratic Campaign Committee raised $436,327.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
The two GOP committees finished the year with a combined $1.9 million on hand, more than three times the Democratic committees’ combined $514,305.