MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Wisconsin Democrats may have high hopes for making gains in the Legislature in this fall’s elections but the money is saying something else.
Government watchdog group Wisconsin Democracy Campaign released a tally Tuesday that showed the two Republican legislative campaign committees easily outraised their Democratic counterparts in 2017.
According to the tally, the Committee to Elect a Republican Senate raised $965,676. The State Senate Democratic Committee raised $461,528.
The Republican Assembly Campaign Committee raised $938,919. The Assembly Democratic Campaign Committee raised $436,327.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump grounds Pelosi after she imperils his big speech WATCH
- Before Harts plunged off cliff, strain dogged Washington state family
- Democrats demand investigation after report that Trump ordered Michael Cohen to lie to Congress
- Commuter knits a ‘rail delay scarf.’ It fetches $8,650 on eBay.
- As Democrats vow to investigate Trump, Mueller's office issues rare statement rebuking Cohen report
The two GOP committees finished the year with a combined $1.9 million on hand, more than three times the Democratic committees’ combined $514,305.