MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Wisconsin Democrats may have high hopes for making gains in the Legislature in this fall’s elections but the money is saying something else.
Government watchdog group Wisconsin Democracy Campaign released a tally Tuesday that showed the two Republican legislative campaign committees easily outraised their Democratic counterparts in 2017.
According to the tally, the Committee to Elect a Republican Senate raised $965,676. The State Senate Democratic Committee raised $461,528.
The Republican Assembly Campaign Committee raised $938,919. The Assembly Democratic Campaign Committee raised $436,327.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI at site where Civil War gold rumored to be buried
- Bones discovered on Pacific island belong to Amelia Earhart, new forensic analysis shows VIEW
- As rumors of an exodus swirl, White House pushes back
- State: Voicemail about cracks 2 days before bridge fell VIEW
- French fraud body unveils huge Cotes-du-Rhone wine scam
The two GOP committees finished the year with a combined $1.9 million on hand, more than three times the Democratic committees’ combined $514,305.