WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court says Justice Sonia Sotomayor will have shoulder replacement surgery after injuring herself in a fall at home.
The 63-year-old Sotomayor is scheduled to have the procedure on her left shoulder Tuesday morning.
She hurt herself on April 16 and decided on the surgery after consulting with specialists.
The court says Sotomayor will wear a sling and curtail activities for the next few weeks. She is expected to need several months of physical therapy.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas
Justice Stephen Breyer had shoulder replacement surgery in 2013, after a bicycle accident.