TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Gov. Sam Brownback has appointed a Kansas Department of Health and Environment attorney to serve temporarily as its top administrator.
Brownback’s office said Wednesday that the new interim KDHE secretary is Darian Dernovish.
He is the department’s chief litigation attorney in federal and state courts. He has been a local and federal prosecutor and worked for the Kansas Highway Patrol.
He is replacing Secretary Susan Mosier, who is resigning Friday. Dernovish will serve as secretary until a more permanent replacement is found.
Most Read Stories
- What you need to know about Seattle's Women’s March, related events
- Seattle’s largest batch of single-family homes in decades is pitched for ‘oasis’ site
- State by state, here are the most binge-watched TV shows of 2017
- What to make of the Seahawks' hiring of Mike Solari? Walter Jones and Damon Huard weigh in
- Whitman County Coroner officially rules WSU QB Tyler Hilinski's death a suicide
Brownback’s office also announced that he appointed Republican state Rep. Greg Lakin of Wichita to serve as the department’s chief medical officer. Lakin is an osteopath and medical director for the Valley Hope Rehabilitation Center.
The Wichita Eagle reports that Lakin plans to resign Monday from the House.