ALTOONA, Pa. (AP) — A coroner has released the name of a 6-year-old Pennsylvania boy attacked and killed by a pit bull.
The (Altoona) Mirror reports that the Blair County coroner’s office said Gauge Eckenrode died of blunt force trauma from Thursday’s attack.
Family friend Rick Vaughan told the paper that the boy’s father heard the mother screaming at about 6 p.m. Thursday and found the dog on top of the boy. The father pulled the dog away, but the child succumbed to his injuries,
The Altoona Area School District issued a statement extending “sincere condolences” to the family of the Baker Elementary kindergarten student.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- ‘It’s ugly out there’: Rail thefts leave LA tracks littered with pilfered packages
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
District spokeswoman Paula Foreman said counselors, in collaboration with UPMC Altoona Behavioral Health Services, would be available for students, staff and faculty,
Information from: Altoona Mirror, http://www.altoonamirror.com