ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — A $10,000 emerald has been reported missing from a North Carolina science museum, more than three weeks after it was last seen.
The Asheville Citizen-Times reports that a representative from the Asheville Museum of Science reported the theft Jan. 24, although the Asheville police report lists the last known secure date of the emerald as Jan. 1. The case’s status is now listed as “closed/leads exhausted.”
In an emailed statement, the museum’s executive director, Anna Priest, says the museum wasn’t broken into and nothing else is missing. She said the museum will increase security measures.
The newspaper says the museum declined to comment further on Thursday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
- Cosby in cuffs: TV star gets 3 to 10 years for sex assault VIEW
Information from: The Asheville Citizen-Times, http://www.citizen-times.com