LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Several rounds of heavy rain are expected throughout much of Arkansas this week, and forecasters say flash flooding and river flooding are both possible.
The National Weather Service in Little Rock says some areas could see 8 inches or more of rain this week. Flood watches are in place for the majority of the state, including the Little Rock area.
Forecasters say a slow-moving cold front will linger over Arkansas, with widespread rain expected on Wednesday.
The rain is expected to continue through the week and forecasters say the front is expected to be out of the state by the weekend. The weather service says severe weather is possible as the front exits the state.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'