PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Rhode Island officials say several state agencies were targeted by an online malware threat.
WPRI-TV reports the Department of Children, Youth and Families, the Department of Human Services, and the Department of Behavioral Healthcare were among the agencies that experienced technical difficulties Friday due to the threat.
Officials say there is no evidence that personal data was breached, and monthly payments have not been affected. State police, the National Guard and the Emergency Management Agency are working to contain the threat.
Customers are being asked to be patient as minor disruptions are expected to continue.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Spokane-native astronaut Anne McClain is under investigation for alleged space crime
- American woman who gave birth as a Taliban hostage slowly reclaims life
- Trump ordered U.S. companies to leave China; here's why they can’t.
- Trump's fake accent angers Asian Americans as they veer left
- David Koch, billionaire and industrialist who funded conservatives, dies at 79 VIEW
The departments will be open on Monday.
Information from: WPRI-TV, http://www.wpri.com