PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Rhode Island officials say several state agencies were targeted by an online malware threat.
WPRI-TV reports the Department of Children, Youth and Families, the Department of Human Services, and the Department of Behavioral Healthcare were among the agencies that experienced technical difficulties Friday due to the threat.
Officials say there is no evidence that personal data was breached, and monthly payments have not been affected. State police, the National Guard and the Emergency Management Agency are working to contain the threat.
Customers are being asked to be patient as minor disruptions are expected to continue.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Serial killer who took 10 women's lives executed in Florida
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- 3 dead, state capital battered as storms rake Missouri VIEW
- Trump, Pelosi trade insults as their feud heats up VIEW
- Parents forget newborn baby in Hamburg taxi
The departments will be open on Monday.
Information from: WPRI-TV, http://www.wpri.com