NEW YORK (AP) — A Metropolitan Transportation Authority worker has been fatally struck by a bus driver at a Queens depot.
According to Newsday , the driver was reversing a bus at the depot in College Point when he ran over a colleague who was directing traffic on Tuesday.
MTA Bus President Darryl Irick says the bus operation is “a very close-knit family” and is in mourning.
A week ago, an MTA track worker was killed in a fall.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Baltimore and other cities, a stolen NSA tool wreaks havoc
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- ‘It was like a zoo:’ Death on an unruly, overcrowded Everest
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- Hawaii woman missing for 2 weeks rescued from Maui forest VIEW
Information from: Newsday, http://www.newsday.com