NEW YORK (AP) — A Metropolitan Transportation Authority worker has been fatally struck by a bus driver at a Queens depot.
According to Newsday , the driver was reversing a bus at the depot in College Point when he ran over a colleague who was directing traffic on Tuesday.
MTA Bus President Darryl Irick says the bus operation is “a very close-knit family” and is in mourning.
A week ago, an MTA track worker was killed in a fall.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Microsoft says it has found another Russian operation targeting prominent think tanks
Information from: Newsday, http://www.newsday.com