GOVERNMENT CAMP, Ore. — Officials say Mt. Hood Meadows is delaying the start of its season for a few days while the ski area waits for conditions to improve.
Meadows’ 50th anniversary season was supposed to begin full operations on Friday.
However, on Thursday, officials posted on their website that they will not operate the lifts as scheduled.
Officials say they plan to assess the ski conditions Friday and update the public Friday afternoon.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- Sanders goes on offensive defending credibility after report
- Democrats subpoena Mueller report amid calls for impeachment
- A portrait of the White House and its culture of chaos, dishonesty VIEW
- Man angry about virginity pleads guilty to threatening women
Higher up the mountain Timberline Lodge was open with limited operations.
Mt. Hood Ski Bowl officials said Thursday the ski area would not open this weekend.