GOVERNMENT CAMP, Ore. — Officials say Mt. Hood Meadows is delaying the start of its season for a few days while the ski area waits for conditions to improve.
Meadows’ 50th anniversary season was supposed to begin full operations on Friday.
However, on Thursday, officials posted on their website that they will not operate the lifts as scheduled.
Officials say they plan to assess the ski conditions Friday and update the public Friday afternoon.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
Higher up the mountain Timberline Lodge was open with limited operations.
Mt. Hood Ski Bowl officials said Thursday the ski area would not open this weekend.