GOVERNMENT CAMP, Ore. — Officials say Mt. Hood Meadows is delaying the start of its season for a few days while the ski area waits for conditions to improve.
Meadows’ 50th anniversary season was supposed to begin full operations on Friday.
However, on Thursday, officials posted on their website that they will not operate the lifts as scheduled.
Officials say they plan to assess the ski conditions Friday and update the public Friday afternoon.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Democrats demand investigation after report that Trump ordered Michael Cohen to lie to Congress
- As Democrats vow to investigate Trump, Mueller's office issues rare statement rebuking Cohen report
- Before Harts plunged off cliff, strain dogged Washington state family
- Commuter knits a ‘rail delay scarf.’ It fetches $8,650 on eBay.
- Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz is mulling an independent run for president in 2020
Higher up the mountain Timberline Lodge was open with limited operations.
Mt. Hood Ski Bowl officials said Thursday the ski area would not open this weekend.