MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) — The mild winter has been difficult for the Mt. Ashland Ski Area.
The mountain partially opened Thursday, Jan. 25, following an overnight dump of 14 inches of snow. But mild conditions returned, and there’s not enough snow to continue operating.
A statement on the ski park website says Mt. Ashland will remain closed until it receives more snow.
This week’s forecast calls for sunny, mostly clear skies with temperatures from the mid-40s to mid-50s.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
- Death toll rises in California wildfire, matching deadliest VIEW
In a video message on the ski area’s Facebook page, general manager Hiram Towle said: “We will open at the nearest opportunity to get you back on snow.”
Information from: Mail Tribune, http://www.mailtribune.com/