MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) — The mild winter has been difficult for the Mt. Ashland Ski Area.
The mountain partially opened Thursday, Jan. 25, following an overnight dump of 14 inches of snow. But mild conditions returned, and there’s not enough snow to continue operating.
A statement on the ski park website says Mt. Ashland will remain closed until it receives more snow.
This week’s forecast calls for sunny, mostly clear skies with temperatures from the mid-40s to mid-50s.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Rapper Young Thug booked on weapons charge in Los Angeles
- Aretha Franklin 'worked for me,' claims Trump. Did she?
- No private jets, no big house: Jimmy Carter an outlier among ex-presidents VIEW
- Garbage from Washington state's booming pot industry clogs gutters, sewers and landfills
- Woman at Staples: Not shoplifting, just pregnant with twins
In a video message on the ski area’s Facebook page, general manager Hiram Towle said: “We will open at the nearest opportunity to get you back on snow.”
Information from: Mail Tribune, http://www.mailtribune.com/