MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) — The mild winter has been difficult for the Mt. Ashland Ski Area.
The mountain partially opened Thursday, Jan. 25, following an overnight dump of 14 inches of snow. But mild conditions returned, and there’s not enough snow to continue operating.
A statement on the ski park website says Mt. Ashland will remain closed until it receives more snow.
This week’s forecast calls for sunny, mostly clear skies with temperatures from the mid-40s to mid-50s.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Students in 'MAGA' hats mock Native American after rally VIEW
- Democrats reject, conservatives deride Trump's 'non-starter' of a border wall deal
- As Democrats vow to investigate Trump, Mueller's office issues rare statement rebuking Cohen report
- Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz is mulling an independent run for president in 2020
- Call for political action after Laquan McDonald cases
In a video message on the ski area’s Facebook page, general manager Hiram Towle said: “We will open at the nearest opportunity to get you back on snow.”
Information from: Mail Tribune, http://www.mailtribune.com/