GLENSHAW, Pa. (AP) — Police say a motorcyclist fleeing from an officer who was trying to make a traffic stop near Pittsburgh crashed into another vehicle and the operator was killed.
Allegheny County police say a Shaler Township police officer was trying to stop the motorcyclist at about 6:30 p.m. Friday but the vehicle fled at high speed.
Police said the motorcyclist collided with another vehicle, and the rider fell and was pronounced dead at the scene. No other injuries were reported.
County homicide detectives are investigating.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't