MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Police say a motorcycle plowed into a scooter and then hit a man fishing on a South Florida bridge in a pre-dawn crash that killed three people.
A Florida Highway Patrol spokesman says the crash happened about 4:30 a.m. Tuesday in the eastbound lanes of the Julia Tuttle Causeway that links Miami and Miami Beach.
The Miami Herald reports (http://hrld.us/2rd5eP8 ) that the motorcycle hit the scooter while both were traveling east and then struck the fisherman. The two drivers died at the scene. The fisherman died later at a hospital.
The names of those killed were not immediately released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- Parade shooting suspect bought 5 weapons despite threats
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- Once a crucial refuge, ‘gayborhoods’ lose LGBTQ appeal in major cities
The causeway’s east lanes were closed for hours Tuesday morning.
The crash remains under investigation.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com