RUSHVILLE, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say a mother and her 14-year-old son have died after a collision in northwest Nebraska’s Sheridan County.
The collision occurred around 7:30 p.m. Friday, about 3 miles (5 kilometers) west of Rushville on U.S. Highway 20. Sheridan County Attorney Jamian Simmons says a westbound vehicle was struck by an eastbound vehicle driven by 31-year-old William Hilton, who was trying to pass a semitrailer.
Simmons says the crash killed 46-year-old Lynell Cash, of Hay Springs, and her son Waylon Cash and injured another family member, who has not been named. Hilton also was injured.
The collision is being investigated.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- When she named her breakfast cafe Woke, a conservative backlash followed
- A bear in Colorado took 400 selfies. Fashion pros say they're a star
- Priscilla Presley files petition questioning validity of Lisa Marie Presley’s will
- George Santos scandal consumes Congress, chafes lawmakers on both sides of aisle