RUSHVILLE, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say a mother and her 14-year-old son have died after a collision in northwest Nebraska’s Sheridan County.
The collision occurred around 7:30 p.m. Friday, about 3 miles (5 kilometers) west of Rushville on U.S. Highway 20. Sheridan County Attorney Jamian Simmons says a westbound vehicle was struck by an eastbound vehicle driven by 31-year-old William Hilton, who was trying to pass a semitrailer.
Simmons says the crash killed 46-year-old Lynell Cash, of Hay Springs, and her son Waylon Cash and injured another family member, who has not been named. Hilton also was injured.
The collision is being investigated.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court allows Jan. 6 committee to get Trump documents
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- Carhartt said vaccination remains mandatory for employees. A conservative backlash ensued
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest