PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — A 17-year-old and his mother have been indicted in Rhode Island for the death of his mother’s boyfriend.
The man’s burning body was found last year in a wooded area of Massachusetts.
Xavier Vidot has been charged as an adult with one count of murder and using a firearm while committing a crime of violence. His mother, 36-year-old Melonie Perez, has been charged with compounding a felony, failing to report a death and misprision of a felony.
Police say Vidot told officers he shot 24-year-old Valdez Loiseau in Cranston after the man got into an altercation with the boy’s mother. Authorities say Perez told officers she helped her son move the body.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
- Stan Lee, creator of a galaxy of Marvel superheroes, dies VIEW
Police found Loiseau’s burned body in Attleboro, Massachusetts in July 2017.