PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — A 17-year-old and his mother have been indicted in Rhode Island for the death of his mother’s boyfriend.
The man’s burning body was found last year in a wooded area of Massachusetts.
Xavier Vidot has been charged as an adult with one count of murder and using a firearm while committing a crime of violence. His mother, 36-year-old Melonie Perez, has been charged with compounding a felony, failing to report a death and misprision of a felony.
Police say Vidot told officers he shot 24-year-old Valdez Loiseau in Cranston after the man got into an altercation with the boy’s mother. Authorities say Perez told officers she helped her son move the body.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Pussy Riot upstages Putin with protest that halts World Cup VIEW
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
Police found Loiseau’s burned body in Attleboro, Massachusetts in July 2017.