KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The mother of a 15-year-old football player who was fatally shot in Tennessee while shielding friends from gunfire has testified at his murder trial.
Zenobia Dobson told jurors Thursday about her son playing football and called herself a “football mom.” WBIR-TV reports that prosecutors in the Knox County Criminal Court trial put a photo of her slain son, Zaevion, on the easel next to the witness stand.
Zenobia Dobson testified during the third day of testimony at the Knoxville trial of Christopher Drone Bassett, Kipling Deshawn Colbert and Richard Gregory Williams III. All three face murder charges in Dobson’s Dec. 17, 2015, shooting death.
After the shooting, Dobson was praised by then-President Barack Obama for his bravery. Dobson posthumously received the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the 2016 ESPYs.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23
Information from: WBIR-TV, http://www.wbir.com/