KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The mother of a 15-year-old football player who was fatally shot in Tennessee while shielding friends from gunfire has testified at his murder trial.
Zenobia Dobson told jurors Thursday about her son playing football and called herself a “football mom.” WBIR-TV reports that prosecutors in the Knox County Criminal Court trial put a photo of her slain son, Zaevion, on the easel next to the witness stand.
Zenobia Dobson testified during the third day of testimony at the Knoxville trial of Christopher Drone Bassett, Kipling Deshawn Colbert and Richard Gregory Williams III. All three face murder charges in Dobson’s Dec. 17, 2015, shooting death.
After the shooting, Dobson was praised by then-President Barack Obama for his bravery. Dobson posthumously received the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the 2016 ESPYs.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sea lions feast on fragile fish in US Northwest survival war VIEW
- With police near, suspected Austin bomber blows himself up VIEW
- Austin bombing suspect had list of future targets
- Neighbors baffled after naming of 24-year-old suspect
- Hundreds of dead cattle lead to California rancher's arrest
Information from: WBIR-TV, http://www.wbir.com/