KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The mother of a 15-year-old football player who was fatally shot in Tennessee while shielding friends from gunfire has testified at his murder trial.
Zenobia Dobson told jurors Thursday about her son playing football and called herself a “football mom.” WBIR-TV reports that prosecutors in the Knox County Criminal Court trial put a photo of her slain son, Zaevion, on the easel next to the witness stand.
Zenobia Dobson testified during the third day of testimony at the Knoxville trial of Christopher Drone Bassett, Kipling Deshawn Colbert and Richard Gregory Williams III. All three face murder charges in Dobson’s Dec. 17, 2015, shooting death.
After the shooting, Dobson was praised by then-President Barack Obama for his bravery. Dobson posthumously received the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the 2016 ESPYs.
Most Read Stories
- Swedish Health’s ambitious Seattle plans involved a developer with a stake in their success VIEW
- Prison escape of Darren Berg, Washington’s ‘Mini Madoff,' is like ‘Shawshank Redemption,' official says
- Video surfaces of Seahawks' top draft pick Malik McDowell's arrest, and it is very NSFW
- Seattle police recommend charging ex-City Council candidate for false reporting in voucher program | Times Watchdog
- Family finds solace in Washington state — and a new life — five years after daughter was killed at Sandy Hook VIEW
Information from: WBIR-TV, http://www.wbir.com/