HONOLULU (AP) — The mother of “Peter Boy” Kema was sentenced to jail for violating the terms of her probation again.
Hawaii County Prosecuting Attorney Mitch Roth said Jaylin Kema was sentenced Monday to 10 days in jail, KHON2-TV reported .
She was sentenced to 10 years of probation in June after being convicted of manslaughter for the 1997 death of her 6-year-old son. The probation became stricter in October after Jaylin Kema tested positive for marijuana multiple times, but she has violated three times since then.
Jaylin Kema’s probation officer said she failed to report to a random drug test and provided an inadequate urine sample when given two hours to make up for the absence.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Sen. Bernie Sanders says he's running for president in 2020 WATCH
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
She also showed up late to a scheduled appointment and did not report immediately upon release from custody, according to court documents.
Kema was granted a supervised release from prison in April after serving one year behind bars for her role in the death of “Peter Boy.” She pleaded guilty to manslaughter in 2016 as part of a plea agreement. Her husband, Peter Kema, also pleaded guilty to manslaughter.
Information from: KHON-TV, http://khon.com