SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) — A Florida woman says her 4-year-old daughter nearly died after ingesting pool water.
Lacey Grace tells the Tampa Bay Times that her daughter, Elianna Grace, had thrown up immediately after accidentally swallowing pool water earlier this month, but fell ill two days later. She was taken to urgent care with a fever and low appetite, where doctors advised going to the emergency room.
In a Facebook post, Lacey Grace says her daughter had a high heart rate, low oxygen and purple skin that suggested a chemical infection. She told the newspaper that doctors at Sarasota Memorial Hospital diagnosed the girl with aspiration pneumonia, chemical pneumonitis and perihilar edema.
She was hospitalized from April 18 to 21, relying on oxygen to breathe. Her mother says she’s now doing better.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- WSU police chief, 2 others retire after internal investigation
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.