ATLANTA (AP) — Jail records show that an Atlanta mother is charged with kidnapping after police say she took her 14-month-old son from state custody during a supervised visit at an Atlanta shopping mall.
Atlanta police said Monday night that the boy was found safe, hours after a child abduction alert touched off a search.
Atlanta police Officer Kim Jones tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (http://on-ajc.com/1OIz1PM ) that Ryan Alwadi was returned to state custody and his mother taken to the Fulton County Jail. Jail records show that his mother, Sahar Alwadi, was being held Tuesday morning on a kidnapping charge.
Atlanta police said in the abduction alert that the Georgia Division of Family and Children Services had a supervised visit between the boy and his mother at Lenox Square when they say she left with him.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'White lives matter' rally goers are vastly outnumbered in Huntington Beach
- Reports: Man kills self after standoff at Honolulu hotel
- CVS welcomes desperate vaccine hunters looking for second dose
- A possible QAnon slip-up suggests the truth of Q's identity was right there all along
- Why rashes that follow COVID vaccines could be a 'good thing'