DALLAS, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina woman has been charged with child neglect and child abuse after her infant son was found dead on Christmas Eve while authorities say she was apparently on prescription drugs.
According to a news release from the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office, the woman’s husband, who was also the infant’s father, called 911 saying he came home to find his 6-month-old son unresponsive, naked and alone on the living room sofa.
Authorities say 30-year-old Stephanie Tillman and the couple’s other two children were found elsewhere in the house. The children have been taken into custody by social services.
According to the release, Tillman was treated on-scene for “what appeared to be extreme intoxication from prescribed medication.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- Why so many people have the worst summer cold ever
- Trans model makes Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover history: 'If you don't like it, you can go somewhere else'
- A giant red hamster wheel washed up on a Florida beach. And a man was inside
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
It was unclear if Tillman has an attorney. She’s expected in court Monday.