DALLAS, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina woman has been charged with child neglect and child abuse after her infant son was found dead on Christmas Eve while authorities say she was apparently on prescription drugs.
According to a news release from the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office, the woman’s husband, who was also the infant’s father, called 911 saying he came home to find his 6-month-old son unresponsive, naked and alone on the living room sofa.
Authorities say 30-year-old Stephanie Tillman and the couple’s other two children were found elsewhere in the house. The children have been taken into custody by social services.
According to the release, Tillman was treated on-scene for “what appeared to be extreme intoxication from prescribed medication.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CVS welcomes desperate vaccine hunters looking for second dose
- A possible QAnon slip-up suggests the truth of Q's identity was right there all along
- Plan would return beachfront taken from Black family in '20s
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Woman gets pregnant while already pregnant, gives birth to twins conceived 3 weeks apart
It was unclear if Tillman has an attorney. She’s expected in court Monday.