BOSTON (AP) — The mother of a 2-year-old formerly known as Baby Doe and her boyfriend have been indicted by a grand jury in the girl’s death.
The indictments Friday mirror charges brought in September against Rachelle Bond and Michael McCarthy. McCarthy was charged with first-degree murder, while Bond was charged with being an accessory after the fact to her daughter’s killing.
A larceny charge was added against Bond for allegedly continuing to accept public assistance after she knew her daughter had been killed.
The girl was known as Baby Doe after her body washed up on a Boston Harbor Island in June. She was later identified as Bella Bond.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- Largest US quake in half-century causes Alaska little damage
- Another coronavirus variant has reached Florida. Here's what you need to know.
- 'The war has changed': Internal CDC document urges new messaging, warns delta infections likely more severe
- MacKenzie Scott, French Gates join to award $40M for gender equality efforts in U.S.
The case now moves from Dorchester Municipal Court to Suffolk Superior Court, where the couple will be arraigned Jan. 6.
Both pleaded not guilty at earlier arraignments.