LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Most of Kentucky is under a flood watch as heavy rains move through the state.
The National Weather Service issued the flood watch from Wednesday evening through Thursday evening.
The weather service says 2 to 4 inches of rain are expected with locally heavier amounts possible.
The watch area excludes southeast and portions of western and northern Kentucky.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
The ground is already saturated from previous rains, raising the risk of flooding along roads, creeks and rivers.