LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Most of Kentucky is under a flood watch as heavy rains move through the state.
The National Weather Service issued the flood watch from Wednesday evening through Thursday evening.
The weather service says 2 to 4 inches of rain are expected with locally heavier amounts possible.
The watch area excludes southeast and portions of western and northern Kentucky.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China
- George Santos Is Accused of Sexual Harassment in His Capitol Office
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Florida athletes could be required to submit their menstrual history to schools
- Metal detector hobbyist finds a 500-year-old pendant linked to Henry VIII
The ground is already saturated from previous rains, raising the risk of flooding along roads, creeks and rivers.