FORT MILL, S.C. (AP) — A mortgage service company is bringing more than 1,000 jobs to South Carolina.
The state commerce department said in a news release Tuesday that RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing Corp. will spend about $34 million to set operations in Fort Mill, near the South Carolina-North Carolina state line.
RoundPoint CEO Kevin Brungardt says the company considered locations in North Carolina and Texas before choosing the York County site.
It’s locating in a business park near the old Charlotte Knights Baseball Stadium just off Interstate 77.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hackers release data after LA school district refuses to pay ransom
- Trump escalates attacks on McConnell with 'DEATH WISH' post
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Marin, once known for vaccine skeptics, now tells them ‘you’re not welcome’
- Supreme Court rejects bump stock ban cases
The company expects to begin operations in the third quarter of 2019. Hiring is expected to begin about the same time.
RoundPoint works with commercial banks, credit unions, mortgage companies and hedge funds.