WATFORD CITY, N.D. (AP) — More charges have been filed against a Watford City woman accused of embezzlement.
Thirty-eight-year-old Hannah Lloyd previously was accused of embezzling more than $57,000 from the Watford City Park District while working for an accounting firm. She’s now alleged to have stolen about $50,000 from the city’s golf course and about $56,600 from Rink Construction.
The Bismarck Tribune reports that Lloyd faces six felony theft and forgery charges. She could enter pleas at a March 15 hearing.
Lloyd’s former employer reported her to police in December after the park district approached her with payroll issues.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Goodbye passport stamps, hello biometrics: Customs is getting faster
- California sinkhole swallows third car as drivers ignore 'ROAD CLOSED' sign
- Deer could be a reservoir of old coronavirus variants, study suggests
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- Oregon kidnapping suspect dies of self-inflicted gunshot
Park Board President Justin Johnsrud says an audit is ongoing to determine the total amount of money missing from the park district.
Information from: Bismarck Tribune, http://www.bismarcktribune.com