ROCKVILLE, Md. (AP) — Montgomery County officials will be reviewing the county executive’s recommended savings plan.
Two of the county council’s committees will review and discuss the plan on Friday.
The plan is based on estimates that indicate lower than expected income tax revenue.
The county executive’s plan calls for $60 million in operating budget savings and $13 million in capital projects savings to reduce costs in the current year.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
A vote by the council is tentatively scheduled for January 30.