BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP) — Montana State University has set a new spring enrollment record for the 10th year in a row.
The Bozeman Daily Chronicle reported Wednesday that the university enrolled 15,496 students this semester. That’s up 272 students from last spring’s enrollment.
The university set an enrollment record in the fall with 16,703 students, bolstering its position as the state’s largest campus.
The Bozeman campus has grown 37 percent, gaining 4,533 students in the past decade. That’s due in large part to its College of Engineering, which has had growing enrollment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again
MSU officials attribute the spring enrollment record to several efforts launched to keep students in school, which correlates with the university’s improved retention rates.
Information from: Bozeman Daily Chronicle, http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com