BUTTE, Mont. (AP) — A Montana man accused of stabbing his ex-girlfriend to death in her apartment has been sentenced to life without parole.
The Montana Standard in Butte reports David Richmond was sentenced Thursday for the December 2016 death of 49-year-old Victoria Lynn Smith, who was stabbed in the neck at an assisted living apartment building in Anaconda.
Richmond was sent to Montana’s Department of Health and Human Services because he has been diagnosed with a mental illness.
Investigators have said he was the last person seen leaving Smith’s apartment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harry and Meghan in exile? Palace reportedly eyes Africa move for couple — 'as far away as possible' from William
- Sri Lanka military gets special powers after deadly bombings VIEW
- Elusive red sprites, like glowing jellyfish in the night sky, photographed in Oklahoma
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- SpaceX suffers serious setback with crew capsule accident
Information from: The Montana Standard, http://www.mtstandard.com