BUTTE, Mont. (AP) — A Montana man accused of stabbing his ex-girlfriend to death in her apartment has been sentenced to life without parole.
The Montana Standard in Butte reports David Richmond was sentenced Thursday for the December 2016 death of 49-year-old Victoria Lynn Smith, who was stabbed in the neck at an assisted living apartment building in Anaconda.
Richmond was sent to Montana’s Department of Health and Human Services because he has been diagnosed with a mental illness.
Investigators have said he was the last person seen leaving Smith’s apartment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Mueller said ready to deliver key findings in his Trump probe
- America's most famous pimp, poised for elected office, dies
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
- Collins' husband: Ricin threat mentioned Kavanaugh vote
Information from: The Montana Standard, http://www.mtstandard.com