BUTTE, Mont. (AP) — A Montana man accused of stabbing his ex-girlfriend to death in her apartment has been sentenced to life without parole.
The Montana Standard in Butte reports David Richmond was sentenced Thursday for the December 2016 death of 49-year-old Victoria Lynn Smith, who was stabbed in the neck at an assisted living apartment building in Anaconda.
Richmond was sent to Montana’s Department of Health and Human Services because he has been diagnosed with a mental illness.
Investigators have said he was the last person seen leaving Smith’s apartment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- High-tech degrees and the price of an avocado: The data New York gave to Amazon
- Hungry bear goes for ride after getting stuck on trash truck
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
Information from: The Montana Standard, http://www.mtstandard.com