BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — A Montana man has died after being shot by police officers following a car chase. Authorities said the man also rammed into police cars and ignored officers’ orders before being shot.
Billings Police Chief Rich St. John told local media that police received a call late Friday about a man ramming into a car and officers tried to chase the suspect.
KULR-TV reports that officers found the man slumped over the wheel of a pickup truck just after midnight and he reached toward the glove box. The Billings Gazette reports that the man then backed into a patrol car, hit a minivan and struck another patrol car.
St. John said officers then fired their weapons.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Mueller said ready to deliver key findings in his Trump probe
- America's most famous pimp, poised for elected office, dies
- Idaho wildlife official resigns after killing baboon family
- Interrogation gone wrong, rogue killers: What happened to Saudi journalist?
The 24-year-old man’s name has not been released. Five officers were put on administrative leave.