BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP) — Authorities have arrested a man suspected of shooting his estranged wife to death in southern Montana.
The Bozeman Daily Chronicle reports 47-year-old Joseph DeWise was arrested Thursday on a charge of deliberate homicide stemming from the death of 35-year-old Lauren DeWise. He is being held in the Gallatin County jail on $1 million bail.
Sunday morning’s shooting in Belgrade also critically injured one of Lauren DeWise’s roommates, 32-year-old Ashley Van Hemert.
Investigators say another roommate who reported the shooting told them Lauren DeWise had recently moved in and had asked Joseph DeWise for a divorce.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Lindsey Graham: 'There's a bureaucratic coup going on' at FBI and Justice Department
Booking documents do not indicate if Joseph DeWise has hired an attorney.
Investigators say he has repeatedly denied any involvement in the shooting.
Information from: Bozeman Daily Chronicle, http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com