BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP) — Authorities have arrested a man suspected of shooting his estranged wife to death in southern Montana.
The Bozeman Daily Chronicle reports 47-year-old Joseph DeWise was arrested Thursday on a charge of deliberate homicide stemming from the death of 35-year-old Lauren DeWise. He is being held in the Gallatin County jail on $1 million bail.
Sunday morning’s shooting in Belgrade also critically injured one of Lauren DeWise’s roommates, 32-year-old Ashley Van Hemert.
Investigators say another roommate who reported the shooting told them Lauren DeWise had recently moved in and had asked Joseph DeWise for a divorce.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Booking documents do not indicate if Joseph DeWise has hired an attorney.
Investigators say he has repeatedly denied any involvement in the shooting.
Information from: Bozeman Daily Chronicle, http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com