MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) — Ethan Donaldson shot his first bull elk on the last day of big game season, but a head won’t be mounted on his wall because it was stolen from the bed of his truck.
The Missoulian reports that the 23-year-old shot the elk on Sunday and left the head in his truck overnight. But when he went out Monday to take the head to his father’s house, it was gone.
Donaldson reported the theft to a Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks warden and to the Missoula Police Department. He says the warden told him there are about 12 ongoing cases such as his.
Donaldson says he hopes someone sees his modest 5-point and returns it. He says “any true sportsman would not take another hunter’s game.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
Information from: Missoulian, http://www.missoulian.com