ADEL, Iowa (AP) — An 19-year-old woman whose twins were seen wandering naked near a busy state highway in central Iowa has pleaded not guilty.
Jasmine Teed entered the plea Monday in Dallas County. Teed’s charged with two counts of child endangerment.
Officers were sent to a house along U.S. Highway 6 in Adel around 9 a.m. Nov. 2. Police say witnesses reported seeing someone herd the unclothed 2-year-olds back in the house after they were spotted near the highway. An officer entered the house and called out but received no answer. The officer reports finding Teed asleep in a bedroom.
Police say the outdoor temperature at the time was 43 degrees.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- Large explosions rock Russian military air base in Crimea