PRATT, Kan. (AP) — A hospital official says a mother whose four children were killed in a southern Kansas house fire is in critical condition.
The Wichita Eagle reports that Cheree Eggleston suffered burns and was flown Thursday morning from the town of Pratt to St. Francis Hospital in Wichita. Her children, the youngest a baby, died after being trapped in the home’s basement. Besides the mother, three other adults in the home survived.
Pratt police Detective Jeff Ward says the cause of the fire is unknown. A state fire marshal is on scene investigating.
Pratt is about 80 miles (128.74 kilometers) west of Wichita.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
Information from: The Wichita (Kan.) Eagle, http://www.kansas.com