RAEFORD, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina mom is complaining after she said her teen daughter was pulled off a departing school bus because of a dress code violation and then left alone when the office closed.
India Middleton told reporters a Hoke County High School assistant principal kept her 16-year-old daughter off the bus March 9 because she was wearing a top showing part of her shoulder.
Middleton said no one had told the girl anything was wrong during the day.
Middleton said a staff member closed the Raeford school at 5 p.m. but she was unable to pick up her daughter until 5:45 p.m.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again
School system officials say the assistant principal was wrong to pull the girl off the bus and she should not have been left alone when the office closed.