RAEFORD, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina mom is complaining after she said her teen daughter was pulled off a departing school bus because of a dress code violation and then left alone when the office closed.
India Middleton told reporters a Hoke County High School assistant principal kept her 16-year-old daughter off the bus March 9 because she was wearing a top showing part of her shoulder.
Middleton said no one had told the girl anything was wrong during the day.
Middleton said a staff member closed the Raeford school at 5 p.m. but she was unable to pick up her daughter until 5:45 p.m.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23
School system officials say the assistant principal was wrong to pull the girl off the bus and she should not have been left alone when the office closed.