RAEFORD, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina mom is complaining after she said her teen daughter was pulled off a departing school bus because of a dress code violation and then left alone when the office closed.
India Middleton told reporters a Hoke County High School assistant principal kept her 16-year-old daughter off the bus March 9 because she was wearing a top showing part of her shoulder.
Middleton said no one had told the girl anything was wrong during the day.
Middleton said a staff member closed the Raeford school at 5 p.m. but she was unable to pick up her daughter until 5:45 p.m.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother
School system officials say the assistant principal was wrong to pull the girl off the bus and she should not have been left alone when the office closed.