PETOSKEY, Mich. (AP) — A northern Michigan woman facing charges in the 2016 death of her infant daughter was convicted nearly seven years ago after her daughter died while taking a bath with her in Oklahoma.
The Petoskey News-Review reports the Lisa Rae Bryan’s first child was less than 2 months old when she died in Tulsa, Okalahoma, in 2010. Bryan was convicted of second-degree manslaughter the following year.
Bryan now faces a Jan. 31 preliminary hearing in Michigan on second-degree murder, involuntary manslaughter and other charges in Emmet County in connection with the 2016 death.
The newspaper reported last week that police said the 32-year-old Bryan told investigators she’d tried to feed her daughter and awoke to find the infant’s face “smashed against her breast.” The child was less than a month old.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
Information from: Petoskey News-Review, http://www.petoskeynews.com