CARTHAGE, N.C. (AP) — The mother of a toddler who wandered off and drowned in a small pond in North Carolina is in jail on charges of involuntary manslaughter and child neglect.
Local news outlets report that 30-year-old Samantha Nacole Bryant of Carthage was arrested Wednesday after she was indicted in the April 14 death.
It was not immediately known if she had an attorney.
Authorities say Bryant’s 23-month-old Rylan Ott was reported missing on the afternoon of April 14. Deputies found him unresponsive about two hours later in a small pond.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- As some Democrats grow impatient with Biden, alternative voices emerge
- Trump White House counsel Cipollone to testify to 1/6 panel
- Parade shooting suspect bought 5 weapons despite threats
The child was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.