MIDDLETOWN, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say a Pennsylvania woman under the influence of alcohol and marijuana rolled over on her 2-month-old son and passed out, smothering him to death.
Arissa Ward, of Middletown, faces charges of involuntary manslaughter and endangering the welfare of a child in the Dec. 30 death of her son.
Court documents show the 23-year-old told police that she’d been drinking alcohol and smoking pot before lying on the couch with her baby. Dauphin County District Attorney Ed Marsico says the baby had marijuana in his system from his mother’s breastmilk.
Ward’s attorney Casey Grey Shore says he has no comment at this time.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She bought her dream home; a ‘sovereign citizen’ changed the locks
- Investigators probe deadly Amtrak derailment in Montana
- Linda Evangelista says CoolSculpting 'disfigured' her. Here's what experts say about the procedure
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge
- Doctor who has lost more than 100 patients to COVID says some deny virus from their death beds: 'I don't believe you'
Marsico says co-sleeping is dangerous and deaths are on the rise. He says the county is forming a task force to look at the matter.