MODESTO, Calif. (AP) — Police say a mother has killed her two young sons before shooting herself at a Central California home.
Modesto authorities say a family member called 911 shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday to report the deaths.
The mother was identified Monday as 28-year-old Lisandra Corrales. Her sons were 6-year-old Pierre Hurtado and 4-year-old Nathan Hurtado.
Investigators are trying to determine a motive for the killings.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19