AZTEC, N.M. (AP) — Authorities say two people are dead and another was injured following a mobile home fire in northwestern New Mexico.
Volunteer firefighters responded to the blaze Wednesday night along with emergency crews from San Juan County and Farmington. The home was engulfed in smoke and flames when firefighters arrived.
Authorities say firefighters worked to rescue the two individuals who were pronounced deceased on scene. They say the other resident was treated for minor injuries.
State police closed a nearby county road while firefighters and investigators secured the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Texas thrusts itself into the center of battles over personal freedom, starting with abortion and sodomy
- After a Black man is killed by police, a city cancels its July 4 celebration
- One woman dominated a local fair's food contest. The internet went looking for her
- UN extends arms embargo on armed groups in volatile Congo
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Authorities said Thursday that the fire remains under investigation.