MINOT, N.D. (AP) — A case against a mother and son charged in a robbery and attack at a Minot storage unit has ended with a mistrial.
Forty-six-year-old Vaneica Erickson and her 27-year-old son, Scott Parizek, are accused of robbing the storage unit last September, physically assaulting a 22-year-old woman and interfering when the victim and her 95-year-old grandmother tried to call 911.
The Minot Daily News says Erickson and Parizek have proclaimed their innocence and planned to argue their actions were in self-defense or in the defense of others.
It was not immediately clear if the case will be retried.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- New accusation rocks Kavanaugh nomination; Trump stands firm VIEW
Information from: Minot Daily News, http://www.minotdailynews.com