MINOT, N.D. (AP) — A case against a mother and son charged in a robbery and attack at a Minot storage unit has ended with a mistrial.
Forty-six-year-old Vaneica Erickson and her 27-year-old son, Scott Parizek, are accused of robbing the storage unit last September, physically assaulting a 22-year-old woman and interfering when the victim and her 95-year-old grandmother tried to call 911.
The Minot Daily News says Erickson and Parizek have proclaimed their innocence and planned to argue their actions were in self-defense or in the defense of others.
It was not immediately clear if the case will be retried.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Information from: Minot Daily News, http://www.minotdailynews.com