MINOT, N.D. (AP) — A case against a mother and son charged in a robbery and attack at a Minot storage unit has ended with a mistrial.
Forty-six-year-old Vaneica Erickson and her 27-year-old son, Scott Parizek, are accused of robbing the storage unit last September, physically assaulting a 22-year-old woman and interfering when the victim and her 95-year-old grandmother tried to call 911.
The Minot Daily News says Erickson and Parizek have proclaimed their innocence and planned to argue their actions were in self-defense or in the defense of others.
It was not immediately clear if the case will be retried.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
Information from: Minot Daily News, http://www.minotdailynews.com