WEST WARWICK, R.I. (AP) — A Rhode Island woman’s karaoke version of Missy Elliott’s hit song “Work It” has become an internet sensation, even drawing praise from Elliott.
Mary Halsey, of West Warwick, recently performed a version of the 2002 hit at an outdoor party at a park and posted the performance on her Facebook page.
Elliott reposted Halsey’s video on Twitter and Instagram and wrote: “I just found out I have a FUNKY WHITE SISTER.”
She added that Halsey “straight killed” the song.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Kellyanne Conway dismisses her husband's concerns that President Trump's mental health is deteriorating
- DNA testing helps police confirm Ted Bundy killed missing Utah teen
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- A risky business in Trump loans: Deutsche Bank’s affinity for an outcast client VIEW
- Tens of thousands converge on California 'poppy apocalypse' VIEW
Halsey’s video had been shared more than 140,000 times and had 7.1 million views as of Thursday.
Halsey, a recreation assistant at a nursing and rehabilitation facility, says she knew the video would be big “but I had no idea it would be this big.”