ST. JOSEPH, Mo. (AP) — Authorities say a Missouri State Highway Patrol trooper chasing two robbery suspects on foot returned fire and shot one of them.
The Missouri Highway Patrol said in a news release Monday that it was alerted at 10:46 a.m. Monday of a theft in progress at a home in Ridgeway, Missouri. The Harrison County Sheriff’s Department provided a vehicle description and advised the suspect vehicle was southbound on Interstate 35.
A trooper gave chase to a vehicle matching the description before it crashed into a ditch.
A preliminary investigation has found the male driver and a female occupant fled, with the trooper pursuing on foot. The male suspect shot at the trooper, who returned fire. Both suspects were taken into custody.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- Easter Sunday bomb blasts kill more than 200 in Sri Lanka VIEW
- In yogurt world, the Greeks are down, Vikings are up
- Giuliani: Nothing wrong with Trump camp taking Russian help
- They woke up to screams; a dingo had their toddler
The male suspect was transported to a Kansas City hospital.