JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — A Springfield man serving life in prison for killing his 14-year-old stepson has died in prison.
State corrections officials say 70-year-old William Jones died Monday. Prison officials did not provide more details but said they do not suspect foul play.
The Springfield News-Leader reports Jones was convicted of first-degree murder in the shooting death of Trevor Jones in August 2012.
Prosecutors and witnesses said Trevor Jones’ mother, Falecha Jones, found him dead on the floor and her husband, William, nearby with a gun.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Mormons to stay outdoors after split with Boy Scouts
Investigators said officers had been called to the family home twice the night before Trevor’s death because of problems between William Jones and his stepson.
Information from: Springfield News-Leader, http://www.news-leader.com